4.18.2017

RUNCLE40- Speed training is where the partys at

I have found a new love and that new love is the treadmill. Its been hot and steamy for about a month now, but I'm finally making it blog official! I never really knew that I could push myself so hard and run so fast! (well, fast for me). Anything under a 10 minute mile I consider pretty fast. And the best part of the treadmill love fest is that its making me faster when I'm not there too! Today for example I was running outside and at one point my pace was 8:50!  EIGHT- FIFTY people!  That is like Meb speed to me! So, speed training on my beloved treadmill is going awesome! I have done smaller spurts of speed training in the past but this is the first time that its more of a regular thing for me. Its funny that its sort of shocking to me that its working because that's what people actually do who are training, but sometimes I'm a little late to the game.


Here is how the last two weeks looked for me
Sunday- 4 miles, small and relaxing after 13 on the Saturday before
Monday- 5K @9:18 pace on the treadmill (all the heart emojis!)
Tuesday- Rest
Wednesday- 5K@8:50 pace on the treadmill- I told you it was getting steamy!
Thursday- 5K@ lunch
Friday- 2 miles at lunch
Saturday- Rest- the weekends I have the boys, I just cant focus on miles unless its before they get up


Sunday- 7.5 miles @10:31 pace
Monday- Rest
Tuesday- 4 miles @9:24 pace. I tried to do something different and just look at the time and not the miles elapsed and got further than I thought was possible.
Wednesday- Rest
Thursday- 5 miles with my favorite running buddy at the park for some pretty gorgeous miles. I always forget how much I love spring time running in the evenings!
Friday- I had a run planned after work, but I mowed and spent some really needed hours cleaning up the yard and then it got dark! But, I think it was harder than a run would have been, so half credit!
Saturday- 7.5 miles around town with Lynanne


I have to add that I am definitely not following any kind of training plan like I have in the past. This may not really fly with most people but it works for me and my schedule. The first year I ran a marathon, I studied so many plans and really stressed over which one would be the best for me and in the end used a combination of a few. Since I plan to run the half this year I know that if I work on speedwork like I have been, I will be able to be faster than I have before. For someone starting out I highly recommend looking up training plans and following them for a few training seasons to get where you need it be. Not that I am above the law by any means, I am not that fast but I know my body and as long as I get 3-4 runs during the week as well as 1-2 weekend runs I will be able to complete the race.


Thanks to all of you who participated last week in my IG giveaway!  It was the most fun week to hear all of your stories and memories of running!  I really enjoyed connecting with so many awesome runners! 


I'm super excited that its almost game time and Cleveland is closing in on 30 days away. But even more exciting is that the Canton Hall of Fame Marathon is in 2 weeks. Ill be part of the Marathon relay team with 4 of my friends and I cant wait!!! Bring on all  the spring races!


What plan or non plan are you guys following to get spring race ready?  What races are you running coming up? What's your favorite way to do speedwork?  Are you in a relationship with your treadmill?  (haha just seeing if you are paying attention!)


As always be sure to check out what my fellow ambassadors are up to! You can also find me on instagram and facebook. They are pretty great and are all training for different distances!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are the double stuff oreos to my milk :)