4.02.2017

RunCLE40- Full swing time

This week was a great week for training- the best week I have had in a long time!


Sunday I gave myself an hour to run. I had the boys and really hate leaving them to run but they were hanging out with my parents and having a great time. I set out on my normal route close to home and was really trucking right up until I wasn't. There is a certain point about mile 4.5 that I just hit a mental wall, the wind was picking up and coming right up in my face. I decided to turn around and change my route and it made all of the difference in the world. I finished with 6 miles at a 10:47 pace.


Monday I went to the gym at lunch and hopped on the treadmill with the plan to do 3. I started at a 6.6 (my lucky number has always been 6 because of my birthday June 6). Anyway, I thought I would start fast and could always dial it back if needed. But a beautiful thing happened and I didn't need to dial it back. I ran for a mile and then took a 30 second walk break, then started it up again. Then at 2 miles I did the same little walk break. I was pretty excited that I was running under a 10 min/mile pace so I kept making it a little faster and got to the 3.1. It was a great break in the day and I had the fastest time in a long time at a 9:38 pace.


Tuesday I took my lunch break to blog :)

Wednesday I was back on my beloved treadmill at lunch and used the same plan from Monday starting the treadmill at 6.6 and after 2 miles dialing it up a notch or two every few minutes finishing the 5K at a 9:30 pace!


Thursday I hit up my Total Body Toning class that is cardio mixed with a lot of weights and then met Lynanne at the park for 5 miles. It was a slow 5, but I felt stronger from the treadmill running at a faster pace.


Friday Rest day knowing I had a long run on Saturday


Saturday My running bestie is preparing for the Pittsburgh full marathon. I'm not running the full in Cleveland but I really, really enjoy training together so I waited for her to run her first hour and met her after that. I ran the last 13 with her and it was awesome! It was cold and a little misty out but I felt strong and the miles just seemed to tick by. We used the run walk method and took our time knowing it was more about getting the miles in than speeding up. It was a really good solid 13!


Total miles for the week- 30.2


It was an awesome week and overall I feel stronger than I have in a long time. I'm getting so excited for Cleveland, only 48 days! One of my friends Rachel said that she would run the half marathon with me. I'm excited that we can run together and I'm sure that she will keep me moving towards a PR!



Image result for cleveland cityscape art
photo credit


Are you looking forward to running Cleveland? Check out what my fellow ambassadors are up to! You can also follow me on IG @running_with_jazzhands


Have a Jazz-tastic week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are the double stuff oreos to my milk :)