I also downloaded a cool app called studio that makes editing my pictures cool that let you layer on images, different cool fonts and art. I also use Pic Stich to make collages. Do you guys use any aps that you really love?This week was really an awesome running week. I was able to stick to my plan more than usual and got in some great mileage. I also started a plank challenge that I have been doing daily. I’m on day #8 and it’s a great way to kick off the day!
This past week: 26.8 miles
Monday- I took my cardio core class, this is 30 minutes at lunch and it includes burpees, lunges, pushups, planks, and lots of abs. It’s a great quick workout and it’s kicking my butt in a good way. It’s been a great way to spend a rest day.
Tuesday- I got in 4 miles (10:17 pace) on the track during lunchtime. I felt good and strong. I love running after a rest day, I feel like I can just keep going forever (or until lunch is over).
Wednesday- I did a little over 2 miles (10:12 pace) and then I added in a miles of speed-work. I sprinted about 3/4 the track at top speed and then walked to the start again. It felt good and I’m learning it's necessary if I ever want to pick up the pace.
Thursday- Another lunch spent on the track for 3.5 miles (10:24 pace)
Saturday- Saturday Lynanne and I were excited to participate in the 1st annual Niles Wellness Center half marathon. We were the only participants, but it made it feel more exciting to us! 13.1 miles on a track really is never that exciting, but we kept up the pace and had a great time. My Nike app said we did 13.1 miles (10:13 pace), but I’m a little skeptical. I’m really looking forward to this beautiful weather that is coming in to get outside and really confirm my pace. My PR an 11:04 mile. Stay tuned for more on that. Another awesome thing that happened on Saturday is that my new shoes arrived!!!!! And holy cats, I ordered my shoes Friday morning at about 5:30am and there they were, on my front porch, Saturday afternoon at 2pm! It’s always a great day when new shoes arrive, but when they arrive at lightning speed, I’m all in!
Sunday- I had to test those new shoes and I felt like Forrest Gump. They were so cushy and I felt like I could run forever, but I had a tax appointment so I had to cut it short. But I managed to get in 3.2 extra zippy miles in (9:43 pace). This was pretty fast for me and I was stoked.
Don’t forget to follow the other amazing bloggers for a chance to win a free entry and for extra motivation! And you can find me on facebook , IG, and twitter!
I love March.
I love that spring is in the air and that I can hear the little birds chirping in the morning.
I love that we Spring forward soon and I can spend evenings after work playing outside with my boys.
March means Shamrocks, green glitter, my favorite holiday and Jack’s St Patrick’s Day birthday! He will be turning 3 and Ryan will be registering for kindergarten!
March means that it’s time to kick this running training into high gear!
March is my run-iversary, at least I count it as my anniversary of running. 6 years ago, I did the Shamrock run 5K and I got bit by the bug HARD!
In honor of my favorite holiday I want to share 17 run facts about me: Thanks to my girl Stephanie for recently doing her run facts and giving me the idea.
1. I love the athlinks page because it helps me keep track of how many races I have run and I like seeing progress!
2. I started running races back in 2010 but I really never considered myself a “runner” until I was actually training for my first marathon last year.
3. I am lucky enough to have a consistent running buddy Lynanne, and we love taking silly selfies along the route.
4. I love that my parents come to see me run and always make a fun sign and throw glitter (mom) to show their support.
5. When my tennis coach made me do laps in high school, I thought it was an evil form of punishment.
6. I NEVER thought I would be able to say that I ran a marathon, until I learned that it is all mental.
7. Having supportive people around me of my running makes all the difference in the world. I’m talking to you mom, dad and runner friends.
8. Nothing blows my mind more than when someone says that I inspire them to go out and run.
9. When I was picked to be an ambassador for the Cleveland Marathon last year I never thought I would fit in with the serious runners. But, they are the most genuine, supportive, and inspiring group of people I have ever been lucky enough to call my friends! Check them out- they are amazing!
10. I love using the Nike app to track my runs, and it kills me when I track an outside run as inside and don’t get to see the map of where I ran (doh).
11. I have learned that pretty much any problem I have can be helped by a run.
12. I thought I would cry like a baby when I finished my first marathon, I didn’t, but I think I could have lit up all of Cleveland with my smile. I did however burst into tears about 3 or 4 times along the way and got to cross the finish line with my Ryan.
13. I get jealous when I see someone running outside and I’m heading to work.
14. I never thought I would run without music and sometimes it’s the most peaceful moments of the day.
15. New shoes make me feel like I can run faster and forever.
16. I keep one medal up at a time in my kitchen after a race and then replace it when the next one comes along. I’m really looking forward to moving and putting them all up on a medal rack I was given lately!
17. Running has truly changed my life.
Here is how last week went down, it was a low mileage week for sure, but this week is already better and I have big plans for the weekend.
Total miles: 18.2 miles
Tuesday- 3.2 miles at lunch
Thursday- 6 miles on the track after work
Friday- 3 miles at lunch
Sunday- 6 miles outside with some killer hills!
I’m working on my pace lately. Generally speaking I have been able to keep about a 10:20 pace when I run inside and a little over 11 when I’m outside. I’m not sure if my Nike app is just not calibrated or if I’m just a little pokier when I’m outside, but I’m hoping that the tax return fairy will bring me a Garmin watch so that I can keep better track. I’m also hoping she knows what size shoes I need!
Are you guys all signed up for Cleveland? This year they are starting the challenge series that is awesome! You can sign up for the 5K & 10K, the 8K & half, or the 8k & full. You also get an extra medal for completing this! Just think of it as an extra training run! The cut off is early for this challenge series (March 15th) Go sign up now and don’t miss out on the extra fun!
What do you love about March?
What’s your most favorite run fact?