1.25.2015

RunCLE training update- Know when to fold 'em

As the great Kenny Rogers says
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run

Most of the time i just run,
i go to the gym at lunch pretty much every day and just bust it out, no questions
but this week...
it wasn't great
I think i was run down from the hustle and bustle of last weekend and possibly on the verge of getting sick and it just wasn't happening for me
On Wednesday, i got to the gym and forgot pants (never a great look)
And Thursday thru Saturday, i folded,
i just listened to my body, didnt push it, and got some good quality rest

Last week:
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
40 min-
4.0 mi
TBT class
no pants :(
Rest
Rest
Rest
7mi
 
But, im happy to report that today was great!
I got in a little over 7 miles with  my running buddy in the snow. It was chilly, but kind of perfect to run in and if felt AWESOME!


So, don't beat yourself up if you need a few extra days to rest and then you will come back even stronger!

Always remember what Kenny says,
Know when to fold 'em
and Know when to run!

Do you guys feel guilty taking more rest breaks than your training calls for? Am I the only one? I sure hope not!


If you want to follow my training you can find me on facebookinstagrambloglovin, and even twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are the double stuff oreos to my milk :)