4.08.2018

March Madness

I'm not sure how we are already at the end of week 1 in April but I would really like to take a moment to recap March because it was pretty big! It also FLEW by!

The biggest and most fun personally to me was that I got married!  It was so beautiful!  It was small and at our house and the kids were involved and it was exactly what we wanted! We spent the day doing to usual Saturday things and then all got ready for our little ceremony and a nice family dinner. I really thought that all the of the people that said they married their best friend were full of it until I met Chad and he truly is my best friend and such an amazing partner! I really know how lucky I am.



Jack turned 5! My baby is now 5 and ready for kindergarten! How in the word did that happen?  Its like in the blink of an eye he is fully grown! Hes 5 and quite full of personality! He is so smart, really fun and fun to be around! He loves playing jokes and hiding around corners to scare you. Its wonderful to see him and the boys grow but on the other hand, it breaks my heart that they are growing up so quickly!



Ryan had his first speaking part in a school play. His class had a little Spring singing show and some of the kids had lines to speak. We practiced and practiced and he did so well! All of the kids did such an awesome job and all of the parents and family's were just a pile of mush!  It was one of my favorite days watching him be so confident!


Training was pretty decent as a whole in March, I ran a total of 71 miles and even got in another 10 miler at a faster pace then I did in February! The weather in Ohio was pretty much crap for most of March so there was a lot of treadmill and track running throughout. I started adding hills and speed work to my runs here and there and I can tell that it is making me stronger. One of my favorite workouts from the month was adding cross training to my some speed at the gym. I did 5 minute intervals of running starting at a 10 minute mile and upping the speed every minute until I was sprinting. In between the running I would hop off the treadmill and do pushups, crunches, planks squats and burpees. Then I'd repeat, run for 5 minutes and then hop off and do more strength!  It was really a great workout and made me super sweaty!  It also made me feel stronger and proud of doing what I really never thought that I could do.

In full disclosure, I have been really disappointed with myself in my lack of blogging about my training and my lack of excitement with running but after finally taking some time to process my thoughts, I know I need to be kinder to myself. It's life and I now have a husband that I really like to hang out with and I have 2 sweet step sons that I enjoy playing x-box with, on top of my awesome boys that I don't like to take time away from and a house that I like spending time to make look nice. So, in April, I will continue to train and re-focus on running but I will also give myself a break and not beat myself up. Life is just been super busy and I'm sure that you can all relate!

My goals in April are pretty simple
1. I will run 100 miles
2. I will do 30 pushups a day- 10 in the am/ 10 on my lunch break/ and 10 in the evening

What are your April goals?

Are you signed up for Cleveland yet? You can sign up here! 
You can use the offer code MBCLE10 for an extra 10% off! There are so many distance options to choose from! the whole 26.2, 13.1, 10K, 8k, 5k and kids fun run!  Hope to see you there!

If you like what you see here, you can follow along with my adventures on Instagram too! Make it a great week guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are the double stuff oreos to my milk :)