4.09.2018

April running brings May PR's

Amiright???

Once I turned the calendar to April it got really real!  Next month is half marathon month and I have some serious running to do.

I have 2 April Goals
1. I will run 100 miles
2. I will do 30 push-ups a day (10 am/ 10 at lunch/ 10 pm)

This may seem like nothing to some of you guys, but its been a serious struggle for me to stay focused and consistent so I'm starting small and I know it will make a big difference and help me gain some confidence.

Week 1 in April was kind of the well, FREAKING BEST! I had some really strong workouts and I'm so proud of where I am. I know I have a long way to go to where I was but isn't the comeback the best part?

Monday: 5k at lunch at a strong pace 31:41

Tuesday: 2 miles of sprints with strength in between

Wednesday: 4 miles at lunch at my best pace ever!

Thursday: 4.5 miles after work with Lynanne. It felt so good to be outside

Friday: rest day

Saturday: 7 miles at a 10:09 pace!
After a pretty regular Saturday with errands, haircuts, a vet appt and making lunch for the troops I took the opportunity to disappear from the craziness of the house for a long run. I got dressed and escaped the house full of crazy boys playing cops and robbers and just started off. After almost a mile I realized my pace was really strong. Even uphill it was just at 10 min miles. I felt good and not at all out of breath. My next mile was at 9 and change and THAT was a SUPER confidence boost! I took about a 30 second walk break when I felt it was needed or I needed to blow my nose. Its still SNOWING in Ohio, so its not quite Spring yet. I weaved around some neighborhoods that I had planned on running and it just all clicked!  When I hit 7 I really could have kept going but I didnt have the time to stay out too much longer. What a rush!  I am feeling so good about running and REALLY REALLY looking forward to next weekends 10 mile drop race!



Sunday: an additional unplanned rest day!

Overall a really strong week to kick off April and it mentally is helping me tell myself that I am going to be able to run this again and be able to run it strong!

I also did keep up with the 30 pushups a day!

Are you signed up for Cleveland yet? You can sign up here! 
You can use the offer code MBCLE10 for an extra 10% off! There are so many distance options to choose from! the whole 26.2, 13.1, 10K, 8k, 5k and kids fun run!  Hope to see you there!

If you like what you see here, you can follow along with my adventures on Instagram too! Make it a great week guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are the double stuff oreos to my milk :)