6.21.2015

After the CLE

A little over a month ago I ran my first marathon! 

I know, I know..... I'm still talking about it! But, it was kind of huge for me and in my top 3 achievements in life. The other two being actual human beings that I grew in my stomach. But you get my point, it was a big damn deal to me!


So, what's a girl to do after running a marathon for the first time!?!  

I'll tell you what I did.

I took a trip with some girlfriends and hung out at a pool and got some sun and drank too much. I visited with some family and friends and had a good old time. Then, I came home and successfully avoided running with a few small exceptions for about a month!!! A whole month of no running. You may say, what's your deal!? I think that the excitement and all the running perhaps burnt me out just a smidge and I needed a break. It was nice but I could tell that I was more stressed than usual. Running is a great stress reliever for me. 

Today I'm happy to say I got back out there! Maybe more accurately, I was pushed back out there but potato pahtahtoe. 

My uncle jim was kind enough to sign me up for a 5k with he and my cousin leslie. I thought agh, no biggie I can do that in my sleep. Well, I'm here to tell you that a 5k after a month of pretty much nothing is still 3.2 miles and they don't run themselves! It was humid today and before the first mile I was sweating like crazy! I felt like I was going ridiculously slow and I even stopped to walk a few times! Something a month ago I would have sailed thru. I ended up finishing in a little over 31 minutes which I was pretty surprised by. It was a good time despite the heat.  
 
 
I'm looking forward to getting back into it and have some fun races coming up this summer and fall! 

I even treated myself to some new shoes, so here is to a great summer of running! 

Did you guys ever take a month off!?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are the double stuff oreos to my milk :)