Maternity leave- week 5-10




Tomorrow is my last official day of maternity leave. Then we have a long weekend and back to the grind on Tuesday.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my job, I really love my co-workers and I miss the daily interaction with them. Buuuuuuuuttttt, if Ed McMahon showed up with a publishers clearing house check (do they even do that anymore?) for a million buckaroos, I would do a backflip and stay home for- EVA!

We have been busy little bees up in here, so I haven’t had time to even write a post.  I have thought about it, but never quite made the connection. Right now I have two sleeping boys so yes!!!!!

 The last few weeks have been kind of a blur. We had Ryans birthday party- Jack’s baptism party paoollza (check that out here). We have ventured out quite a bit- multiple dr appts, grocery runs, and even a few road trips- once to Erie to see my sister in law, one longer drive to Michigan to see my cousin and her family and last weekend I took the boys to Buffalo to see my sister and her family.  I feel like I got it. There are still lots of times where it gets crazy with two kids, but most of the time if I take a deep breath, I can usually handle whatever is happening.

This maternity leave seemed longer to me then the last, but I think I got out sooner this time and I really tried to take advantage of every week to get a few fun activities in.

Here is a little list of things that I learned this time around 

1. If people offer to help you- LET THEM!  
It is probably the single best thing that I have learned.  People WANT to help and you need sleep/ food/ stuff done. So whatever they are offering to do LET THEM. With two kids you have even less time to get all of your to-dos done and you don’t need to stress about a list. Take off your type-A belt, accept the fact that it might not be exactly how you do it, and take the help.

2. Nap when you want. 
I know that rule #1 with your first baby is nap when the baby sleeps. But, with #2 or more, you have other things to worry about when the baby is sleeping. But, I took full advantage when both kiddos were snoozing it up to lie down too. Life is busy and you only get a handful of weeks of for maternity leave, so nap when you want. The dishes/ laundry/ to do list can wait.

3. Generic diapers
Hello Target!  You are my favorite store for most things that I need, I'm sure you can adequately protect both of my children’s bums too! We officially made the switch to target diapers for Ryan and will do the same with Jack when we have to buy some. With 2 kids in diapers, you have to conserve when you can.

4. Momfidence (mom confidence)
Get this!  The “I got this” attitude. It helped me most days for sure. I think that with Ry it took longer to feel confident in my choices and taking care of him because I really wasn't sure what I was doing and if I was making the right choices. But this time, I knew what to expect and what I needed to do (for the most part). We were out of the house week 2 and it gave me a huge confidence boost that even if I was covered in sweat , both boys peed onto their clothes and were screaming, I still made it.

So, returning back to work will be bittersweet. I’ll truly miss spending my days with the boys, it will be nice to get back to work, and a schedule, and get a paycheck again! 

..................................................................................................................................................................

Check us out on facebook and like us if you want to make my day :)



Comments